Guardians for Good is a HelpLine community that is open to anyone who supports HelpLine through sponsorship, service or social activism within our seven-county service territory. By leveraging our passion, intellectual and financial resources, we bring about change through the power of community giving. HelpLine education programs broaden our knowledge of individuals and families in crisis, the challenges in prevention around the issues of suicide, sexual assault, relationship & other interpersonal violence. Guardians for Good derives its strength from integrating the expertise and energy of its members. Ultimately, Guardians will contribute to the overall financial health and wealth of HelpLine that could otherwise not be achieved; helping ensure that the organization remains a viable and sustainable today and tomorrow.
Become a Guardian for Good
Guardians for Good is open to any community member who wants to support, advocate or champion our cause. As a Guardian, you will become a part of a distinguished group of community members who will learn firsthand about the needs throughout the HelpLine service areas. There are several paths to guardianship which include:
Volunteer Guardians give of their time and talents through volunteerism. Volunteers can connect to service opportunities through Connections Volunteer Center, a program of HelpLine, to be matched with an area of interest. We also offer specific HelpLine volunteer opportunities which include:
- HelpLine Sexual Assault Response Network (SARN) Advocate
- HelpLine Hotline Specialist
- HelpLine Marketing and Development Committee
- HelpLine Ground and Facilities Volunteers
- Make A Difference Delaware County – HelpLine Team
Financial Guardians are vital to the overall financial health of HelpLine that could otherwise not be achieved. These Guardians give on a one-time or recurring bases to ensure that HelpLine remains a viable and sustainable, today and tomorrow. Giving levels for this path are:
- Student Guardian – $15 per month or $150 annually
- Community Guardian (Community Members) – $25 per month or $300 annually
- Collective Guardian (Private or Public Organization) – $100 per month or $1,200 annually
- Guardian for Life – $10,000
*To become a Financial Guardian, text GUARDGOOD to 41444 and we will send you a special gift.
Board Guardians serve as members on the HelpLine Board of Directors for a three-year term. The HelpLine Board is a multi-skilled, guiding body involved in fundraising, making policy for the agency, strategic planning, and general oversight of agency functioning, relying on the executive director to manage the day-to-day operations and administer its policies. The board meets the third Tuesday of every month from 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. (except December, April and July). There is an expectation of regular attendance and to be active in a committee. There are a variety of committees to choose from based on interest and time availability.
What does becoming a Guardian Offer?
- Special one-time gift for joining the Guardians for Good community
- Direct connection to HelpLine program leaders and managers
- Real-time updates on impact and reach
- Association and opportunity to engage with like-minded community members
- Acknowledgement and opportunity to be selected for the annual Guardians for Good Award
Who do Guardians Impact?
By partnering as a Guardian for Good, you will help community members who are seeking:
- Help with navigating civic or government agencies and their programs
- Education and information on topics including sexual assault, interpersonal violence and suicide prevention
- Links to health and human service programs
- Solutions and safe planning in times of crisis
- Access to emergency food, shelter, clothing or transportation and other after-hours resources
- Counseling or support groups for depression, grief and loss
- Advocacy and support as a result of a sexual assault or violence
- Crime victim support and services
- Emergency mental health and addiction services
Guardians for Good empowers its members to connect to each other, to the community and to the cause – within HelpLine programming – they support. Through quarterly events the GFG is all hands on deck approach to enlighten and ignite giving. Guardians will be provided behind the scenes access and invitations to special events to enjoy and learn about HelpLine program and services. Below are upcoming GFG events:
- HelpLine Annual Meeting: Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2019, Delaware Co. Board of Developmental Disabilities, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- The HelpLine Tour – Fall Dates: Tuesday, Aug. 27, Oct. 1 & Oct. 15, 2019 (note: The Oct. 1 tour will be held at our Mt. Gilead office: 950 Meadow Dr., Suite B)
- Make A Difference Delaware County – Saturday, Oct. 26, 2019
- Guardians for Good Luncheon – Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2019
To become a Guardian for Good or for additional information, contact:
Marketing and Development Director
firstname.lastname@example.org or 740.363.1835, ext. 305