Whether you are thinking about suicide, need a referral to local services, or need emotional support, there are a million of reasons to call HelpLine’s hotline. We want to hear from YOU – we are asking people to make a sign or a video telling others why they should call 2-1-1 or 1-800-684-2324 (Delaware: 740.369.3316 or Morrow: 419.947.2520) or why you have called yourself.
Get inspired by checking out the comments, videos and photos—and please make your own. You could save a life!
Here’s what people said:
I call Helpline to find a short-term volunteer opportunity that is available for myself and my 3 year old to be a part of. I’ve also called to find resource numbers and 211 agencies for friends outside of Delaware and Morrow County. – Jen
I have had a family member on a fixed income call about finding affordable dental care without dental insurance. Helpline gave him options and helped him find care that he was able to get to right away. – Shilo
I call HelpLine to find safe places to go for people who are in an emergency situation and don’t have shelter that night. They help link to valuable resources for our community members most in need! – Nora
- You can submit a comment below on this blog post,
- Create a short video (1-2 minutes) with your phone, vine, or instagram – share your video with us,
- You can leave us a message/post on facebook at: facebook.com/helplinedelmor,
- Send us a tweet at @helplinedelmor,
- Take a photo of why you call and share it with us!
Just remember to use the hashtag #whycallHL on anything you post!