Are you or someone you know fighting to make ends meet? Struggling with your winter heating bills? Do you
have a heating EMERGENCY? The Community Action Organization of Delaware Madison and Union Counties can be a HEAP of help!
The Emergency Home Energy Assistance Program (E-HEAP) begins November 1, 2012 and ends March 31, 2013.
Income eligibility is 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines ($46,100 per year for a family of four).
E-HEAP provides financial assistance once per heating season to households that are: threatened with
disconnection, already disconnected, or have less than 25% supply of bulk fuel, wood or coal. E-HEAP can
also cover assistance to establish or transfer service.
The following list includes those documents required for assistance:
- All social security numbers for every household member
- All pages of your current electric and gas bill or information on your bulk fuel
- All birthdates for every household member
- Proof of Any and ALL INCOME received within the last 13 weeks for all household members
- If renting, landlord’s name, address and phone number
- Job and Family Services Case number
- If disabled, proof of disability
For further information regarding guidelines and to schedule appointments please contact the Community
Action Organization office at 740-369-3184.