Nancy Radcliffe, Director of HelpLine Sexual Assault Services, speaks on the backlog of rape kits in Ohio. “It’s not a silver bullet that will clear up a lot of cases, it’s going to give police more information but they’re going to have to do legwork to put these cases together that maybe have been sitting around for awhile.”
Watch the full video here: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2011/12/07/columbus-initiative-to-test-rape-kits.html
HelpLine’s Sexual Assault Response Network (SARN) has advocates that are available to assist survivors at the hospital and with law enforcement immediately following a sexual assault and can help connect a survivor to the resources at HelpLine and in our community.
- A free, 24-hour information, referral and crisis line at 1.800.684.2324
- Individual support at hospitals and law enforcement agencies.
- Survivors of sexual assault workshops.
- One-on-one crisis intervention and counseling.
- Healing workshops for survivors & their support people.
- Annual retreats led by survivors.
- Sexual assault prevention and education
- Trauma informed therapeutic counseling services.
Even if the assault happened years ago, the SARN program at HelpLine can still help. Unfortunately, many survivors do not think they need help until months or years after the assault. Remember, it’s never too late to get help. For more information contact Nora at email@example.com.