2012 Connection’s Training Opportunities
Delaware, OH – Connections Volunteer Center, a program of HelpLine of Delaware and Morrow Counties, Inc., is offering a variety of community training sessions that allow participants to learn valuable skills that make a big impact on the lives of many. Whether it’s a licensure requirement or opportunities to continue education, Connections can grow and develop employees and individuals learning potential.
Connections Volunteer Center offers a full range of customizable training opportunities to suit the unique needs of various workforces in a collaborative setting which offers CEUs for counselor and social workers. The in-person trainings allow for attendees to connect with experts in the field as well as others who work and/or are interested in learning about the same topics, fosters in-depth discussion regarding topics that affect the work that is done in the community, and benefits hands-on learners.
Upcoming Trainings Include:
● August 7, 2012 – Substance Abuse Treatment for Persons with Co-Occurring Disorders ~ Presented by Joe Catania, LISW, LCDCIII
● August 23, 2012 – Clinical Supervision Strategies to Improve Client Outcomes ~ Presented by Donna Sigl-Davies, MA, PCC-S
● September 13, 2012 – Drug Identification and Awareness ~ Presented by Detective Sgt. Randy Pohl
● September 25, 2012 – Toxic People: Living and Working with High-Conflict Individuals ~ Presented by Joseph W. Shannon, PHD; PSYD, Psychologist
● October 9, 2012 – Legal & Ethical Issues in Counseling and Social Work ~ Presented by Tammy Tingle, Investigator
● November 13, 2012 – Understanding Eating Disorders: A New Paradigm ~ Presented by Amy Honsberger, LISW, Private Practice
Registration is fast and simple! Connection’s online catalog allows users to easily browse through and learn about the many training sessions offered. With a simple click of the mouse, users can quickly register for any program they find most beneficial.
Begin exploring your interests and register today at www.connectionsvolunteercenter.org.