In an effort to better align with the recent expansion of Delaware Morrow Mental Health Recovery Services Board (DMMHRSB) funded emergency after-hours services in our community, and as part of our organizational commitment to leadership development and succession planning HelpLine announced several new roles and promotion throughout the Information & Referral (I&R), Hotline Services and Prevention departments.
- Lauren MacDade was promoted to Director, Sexual Assault Services and will be based in Delaware, Ohio. She was previously Manager of Sexual Assault Services. In this role, Lauren is responsible for the oversight of all sexual, family and relationship violence prevention and advocacy/intervention services throughout a four county service area as well as building partnerships and service coordination across a broader region. Lauren replaces Nancy Radcliff who accepted a position the Ohio Attorney General’s office in Columbus, Ohio.
- Nicci Faw accepted the Violence Prevention Educator position. In this new role, Nicci will grow primary prevention education to school age students, increase prevention reach with the introduction of an additional site, and provide protective factors to middle school students. Prior to joining HelpLine, Nicci worked as a Case Manager with Franklin County Children Services and Social Service Director for Whetstone Gardens and Care Center. She will replace Sarah Hanna Dunn who is pursuing graduate education and will remain on staff through the end of July.
- Stephanie Hummel accepted the position of Information and Referral (I&R) Program Manager. As the previous I&R Victim Resource Specialist, she brings over 20 years of I&R and hotline experience. Stephanie will continue to lead in the development and growth of the current I&R database of more than 4,900 resources and will based in Delaware.
- Chris Campo was promoted to Hotline Specialist III and will continue to be based in Mt. Gilead, Ohio. Previously a Hotline Specialist II, Chris will help address the increasing work load and need for afterhours hotline services.
- Tabatha Daily accepted the position as I&R Resource Specialist. Prior to this role, she was a team lead on the 24/7 HelpLine hotline. Based in Delaware, Ohio her new role will include updating and managing the I&R resource database ensuring it’s in line with national Alliance for Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) guidelines, the I&R accrediting board for HelpLine.
- Amanda Blake accepted the Hotline Program Manager role in which she will oversee the daily functions of the 24/7 hotline and texting services. Supervising a team of three team leads and more than 10 hotline specialists, she will ensure consumers across multiple counties receive high quality emotional support, suicide prevention and safety planning, as well as information and referrals.
In addition to these staff developments, we are recruiting for the following new roles:
HelpLine plays a central role as the 24/7 crisis line and is often the starting point for triaging and connecting people to critical services. These staff changes and openings will allow us to:
- Increase our clinical services through the addition of four more licensed social workers/counselors.
- Play a larger role in the mental and behavioral health system.
- Provide a quicker, more urgent response to mental health and AOD consumers discharged from the hospital and require immediate linkages to services.
- Reduce youth hospitalizations and develop an afterhours on-call response to crisis youth needs.
With these changes, we will ramp up our clinical response adding a total of six licensed social workers and professional counselors to the Hotline staff. Additionally, we will continue to build a stronger system through increased expertise and coverage, and by offering compelling, long-term career development and opportunity.
HelpLine will be actively recruiting – internally and externally – to fill the open roles across the organization with these changes and promotions. We’re always looking for qualified candidates, so take a look at the HelpLine careers page and recommend any qualified candidates to apply.