HelpLine is seeking an energetic, self-motivated, articulate, and highly organized individual to assist with on call coverage for SARN – our rape crisis service. This position will cover shifts on advocacy calendar, be on call and, provide advocacy/accompaniment at local emergency and law enforcement departments to survivors of sexual assault in Delaware, Morrow, Crawford, and Wyandot Counties. Contingent SARN Advocates will also assist with tasks and outreach efforts to support the SARN program.
This is a contingency position averaging 1-2 shifts per week and will include some evening and weekend shifts. Schedule will vary due to program needs as well as maintaining a flexible work environment.
This position reports to the SARN Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services, education or related field -OR- high school diploma with experience serving sexual assault survivors
- Reliable transportation as well as ability to meet HelpLine driving standards and pass a criminal background check
- Completion of HelpLine SARN volunteer training and/or required training for Ohio’s rape crisis centers will be required if not already completed
- Experience in providing support services to crime victims, specifically sexual violence, family violence, intimate partner violence
- Experience working within the anti-violence field
- Experience working with specific, underserved populations
WHY WORK FOR HelpLine?
- Contingency position with personal growth and professional development opportunities
- HelpLine values diversity, inclusion and strives for a healthy work/life balance
- Mileage benefit for all work-related travel throughout our region
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume and cover letter to Lauren MacDade, SARN Program Manager, 11 North Franklin St., Delaware, OH 43015, or via email to email@example.com by December 13, 2017.
Founded in 1970, HelpLine of Delaware and Morrow Counties, Inc. (HelpLine) is the local, toll-free crisis support and, information and referral hotline. Committed to empowering people through knowledge and resources, HelpLine facilitates the recovery and stability of the emotional, financial and information needs of the North Central region of Ohio including communities in Delaware, Morrow, Crawford, Wyandot, Shelby, Union and Logan Counties. A growing and innovative non-profit, HelpLine is a bridge, connecting those in need to the resources, services and advocacy they seek.
HelpLine is a contract provider of the Delaware-Morrow Mental Health and Recovery Services Board and partially funded by SourcePoint. A United Way Agency, HelpLine is accredited by the American Association of Suicidology, National Alliance of Information & Referral Systems and certified by the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services. HelpLine is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Provider.